va-Q-tec made the European Business Awards’ “Ones to Watch“ list as a first successful step
va-Q-tec is on the European Business Awards’ ‘One to Watch’ list of business excellence within Europe. The company was chosen as it demonstrates exceptional achievement in one of the 12 categories and reflects the program’s core values: innovation, success and ethical behavior. For the very first time in the history of Europe’s largest cross-sector business competition the organizers published a ‘Ones to Watch’ list of what they see as the best businesses from 34 European countries.
Long-distance swimmer Leonie Beck is admitted into the va-Q-athlete program
As the worldwide leading technology leader for thermal insulation and cold chain logistics va-Q-tec supports internationally successful athletes from the region. The newest member of the va-Q-athlete program is Leonie Beck, a long-distance swimmer from Würzburg. The 20-year-old has won the titles European champion and German champion several times and has competed in the Olympic Games and world championships.
Extended availability of temperature-controlled containers for the worldwide third largest pharmaceutical market
- Cooperation supports growth strategy in Japan
- Customers benefit from extensive airline network
- Strong presence of high performance containers in whole Asia
Company increases commitment for outstanding cultural event
"The Mozart Festival is a community event of the city of Würzburg, and of course for its supporters and sponsors, including the media and the artists", declared Evelyn Meining, its festival director, during a press conference in the retreat center Himmelspforten in Würzburg. Here she praised the support of the sponsors, which is what makes this exceptional event with international musicians possible in the first place. va-Q-tec had stepped in as the main sponsor on short notice. "This commitment is an enormous help for us, and it also is a strong statement for our region," states Meining. "And it is a sincere pleasure that an ambitious company, which is capable of reacting quickly, involves itself in such a way", adds Head Mayor Christian Schuchardt.
Expert presentation by va-Q-tec on airfreight packaging
For pharmaceutical companies, it is important to recognize and gain understanding of upcoming trends in the industry. As an expert in cold chain logistics va-Q-tec presented the latest developments in airfreight packaging at the Pharma Supply Chain Trend Symposium on November 30, 2017 in Frankfurt. Fabian Eschenbach, Head of the Healthcare & Logistics Business Unit, provided exclusive industry know-how on reusable boxes, attractive rental systems and passive containers. Other speakers provided insight into topics such as the export of finished medicinal products and Business Process Management.
va-Q-tec presents itself at largest Small Cap conference
CEO Dr. Joachim Kuhn and CFO Stefan Döhmen presented va-Q-tec´s business development and current financial figures at the German equity forum from November 27th to 29th in Frankfurt. Over 200 companies of different sizes and from different sectors presented themselves at the most important German small cap conference. Institutional investors, analysts and capital providers from the private equity and venture capital scene also had the chance to meet key decision makers of the most important listed and private companies.
Temperature-controlled packaging for Latin America's second-largest pharma market
- Agreement enables va-Q-tec container rentals directly through Aeroméxico Cargo
- Pharma customers benefit from deviation-free shipments
- Mexico is the eleventh largest global market for pharmaceutical products
- 9M 2017 revenue: EUR 34.6 million compared with EUR 24.3 million in 9M 2016 (+42%)
- EBITDA 9M 2017: EUR 6.2 million compared with EUR 5.0 million of adjusted EBITDA in 9M 2016 (+24%)
- Very strong product business and strong service business contribute to growth
- Continued growth investments in additional production and fleet capacities as well as efficiency enhancements in structures and processes
- Major new customers acquired in the container rental business
- New airline partnerships with Lufthansa Cargo, Emirates SkyCargo, TAP Cargo and Egyptair Cargo
- Partial move into the new production and administrative location in Würzburg
- Various non-recurring operative effects in the current fourth quarter of 2017 lead to revenue shifts and revenue shortfalls in the low single-digit range in millions of euros
va-Q-tec is among the fastest growing German companies
The news magazine FOCUS has named the fastest growing companies in Germany - and va-Q-tec is one of them. The study conducted by data company Statista calculated that the company recorded a particularly high sales increase from 16 to 35,5 million euros in the period from 2013 to 2016. Out of almost 3.5 million commercial registry entries thousands of promising companies were examined and 500 of these companies received the title of growth champions.
Innovative passive containers for temperature-sensitive transportation are now available directly from Europe’s leading cargo airline
- Global partnership enables va-Q-tec container rentals directly through Lufthansa Cargo
- Combination of trusted global network and advanced container rental services
- High demand for temperature-controlled transportation in Germany