Huge progress has been made in THEcore project during the last twelve month: Started with the goal of developing an advanced vacuum insulation panel the first SUMFOAM-VIP prototypes were produced recently.
Plant 2 at the Kölleda location opened.
va-Q-tec AG (ISIN DE0006636681 / WKN 663668), a technologically leading provider of highly efficient products and solutions in the field of thermal isolation and cold chain logistics, is expanding its Kölleda location in Thuringia. After a little more than ten months of construction, the newly erected plant 2 had its grand opening today, with 300 guests attended.
- Revenue growth mainly reflects continued strong demand in the Products business
- New head office with production location and fulfilment centre for small boxes opened in the USA
- Successful start to temp-chain service for leading semiconductor industry supplier
- Q1 2018 revenue: EUR 12.0 million compared with EUR 11.4 million in Q1 2017 (+6%)
- EBITDA Q1 2018: EUR 0.7 million compared with very strong EBITDA of EUR 2.4 million in Q1 2017
Seoul, Korea, May 8, 2018 -- va-Q-tec, a leading provider of thermal packaging solutions for temperature-controlled transportation, further expands its international presence to Korea. The company will invest a seven-figure sum (USD) in the next years to establish a strong foothold in the Asian market and will expand the local team over the upcoming months.
- Thermal packaging rental and fulfillment services for world’s second largest Pharma Market
- Strategic partnership expands va-Q-tec’s growing small-box network worldwide
- Comprehensive box portfolio with several sizes and temperature ranges available
- 2017 revenue: EUR 46.9 million compared with EUR 35.5 million in 2016 (+ 32%)
- 2017 EBITDA: EUR 7.2 million compared with EUR 7.0 million in 2016
- va-Q-tec sees itself remaining on its growth and internationalisation path in 2018
- Patent for passive, multi-reusable thermal containers with vacuum insulation panels (VIPs) and phase change materials (PCMs)
- Receipt of patent confirms va-Q-tec's pioneering achievement and expertise in passive thermal containers
- Patent protects the most efficient container solution in the market against copycats
The new partnership will provide Cathay Pacific Cargo customers with more options in the transportation of high-value, temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical products
Cathay Pacific Cargo today announced a new partnership with va-Q-tec, a leading provider of thermal packaging solutions for temperature controlled transportation. va-Q-tec’s advanced passive thermal containers, which are designed to maintain a constant temperature during transportation for more than five days, will be a strong addition to Cathay Pacific Cargo’s Pharma LIFT portfolio by providing its global customers with an excellent solution for moving life-saving pharmaceuticals by air freight.
va-Q-tec hosted US Consulate General Mr. Timothy Eydelnant at his site in Kölleda on Monday this week. The US General Consulate for Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia visited various companies in the district of Sömmerda at the invitation of the President of the State Parliament Christian Carius.