Plant 2 at the Kölleda location opened.
va-Q-tec AG (ISIN DE0006636681 / WKN 663668), a technologically leading provider of highly efficient products and solutions in the field of thermal isolation and cold chain logistics, is expanding its Kölleda location in Thuringia. After a little more than ten months of construction, the newly erected plant 2 had its grand opening today, with 300 guests attended.
- Revenue growth mainly reflects continued strong demand in the Products business
- New head office with production location and fulfilment centre for small boxes opened in the USA
- Successful start to temp-chain service for leading semiconductor industry supplier
- Q1 2018 revenue: EUR 12.0 million compared with EUR 11.4 million in Q1 2017 (+6%)
- EBITDA Q1 2018: EUR 0.7 million compared with very strong EBITDA of EUR 2.4 million in Q1 2017
Seoul, Korea, May 8, 2018 -- va-Q-tec, a leading provider of thermal packaging solutions for temperature-controlled transportation, further expands its international presence to Korea. The company will invest a seven-figure sum (USD) in the next years to establish a strong foothold in the Asian market and will expand the local team over the upcoming months.
- Thermal packaging rental and fulfillment services for world’s second largest Pharma Market
- Strategic partnership expands va-Q-tec’s growing small-box network worldwide
- Comprehensive box portfolio with several sizes and temperature ranges available
- 2017 revenue: EUR 46.9 million compared with EUR 35.5 million in 2016 (+ 32%)
- 2017 EBITDA: EUR 7.2 million compared with EUR 7.0 million in 2016
- va-Q-tec sees itself remaining on its growth and internationalisation path in 2018
- Patent for passive, multi-reusable thermal containers with vacuum insulation panels (VIPs) and phase change materials (PCMs)
- Receipt of patent confirms va-Q-tec's pioneering achievement and expertise in passive thermal containers
- Patent protects the most efficient container solution in the market against copycats
The new partnership will provide Cathay Pacific Cargo customers with more options in the transportation of high-value, temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical products
Cathay Pacific Cargo today announced a new partnership with va-Q-tec, a leading provider of thermal packaging solutions for temperature controlled transportation. va-Q-tec’s advanced passive thermal containers, which are designed to maintain a constant temperature during transportation for more than five days, will be a strong addition to Cathay Pacific Cargo’s Pharma LIFT portfolio by providing its global customers with an excellent solution for moving life-saving pharmaceuticals by air freight.
va-Q-tec hosted US Consulate General Mr. Timothy Eydelnant at his site in Kölleda on Monday this week. The US General Consulate for Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia visited various companies in the district of Sömmerda at the invitation of the President of the State Parliament Christian Carius.
va-Q-tec, a leading provider of thermal packaging solutions for temperature controlled transportation, has been honoured with the European Business Award in the category "Growth Strategy of the Year". The company has prevailed over 1,000 national competitors and convinced the independent jury, consisting of senior business leaders, of their superiority in this category. The award was presented to va-Q-tec and eleven other national winners at an exclusive award ceremony at the British Embassy in Berlin. The company is now qualified for the final phase of the competition and will represent Germany in the European final.
Advancements towards a nano-scale polymeric VIP core in the frame of the European project THEcore
Six months after the start of the THEcore project, members of va-Q-tec and SUMTEQ met to discuss the newest scientific and technological findings highlighted by Dr. Flávia Almeida. She presented the research outcomes of the first semester of the project, in which important milestones have already being achieved. First prototypes for testing are showing promising results and more research on the material and on the technological process to make VIP cores are on the way.