The vacuum insulation panel va-Q-vip F has been approved for general construction purposes in accordance with the decision of July 1st 2015, approval number Z-23.11-1658, of the “Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (DIBT)”. On July 1st 2015, the validity of the approval was extended until June 30th 2020. The measured value for thermal conductivity of va-Q-vip F was assigned as 0.007 W/mK. This value already includes compensation for aging and edge losses.
Equally important for the excellent assessment of va-Q-tec products from the onset is va-Q-tec's sophisticated quality system which is unique throughout the world. va-Q-tec and our installation partners offer precise on-site control during the installation. The vacuum insulation panels va-Q-vip F & B fulfil the requirements of construction materials class B2 according to DIN 4102-1. Application areas according to the standard DIN 4108-10 include interior ceilings and walls, floors, flat roofs, top floor ceilings, exterior insulation behind panelling and insulation in wood frame constructions.
Certificate and Partner Businesses
The certificate of conformity issued by the “Forschungsinstitut für Wärmeschutz e.V. (FIW)” Munich on January 14th 2008 confirms that va-Q-vips F & B complies with the requirements for general building approval. These were confirmed through the results of internal work production controls and the external monitoring by the FIW. va-Q-tec is therefore entitled to label the construction products va-Q-vip F & B with the "Ü-symbol". Complemented by the practical experience of our Partner Businesses in planning and installation, constructions complying with this approval are now possible using these vacuum insulation panels.
Tests for the approval procedure
- Initial measurement of thermal conductivity on VIPs of thicknesses 10, 20 and 40 mm
- Climatic change testing +80 °C / -15 °C with 8 cycles of 24h
- Followed by 90 days of storage at 80 °C
- Intermediate measurement of thermal conductivity
- Again 90 days of storage at 80 °C
- Measurement of thermal conductivity in the aged condition after six months of temperature storage
- Fire resistance according to DIN 4102-1
- Compressive strength according to DIN EN 826
- Calculation of thermal bridge effects