va-Q-vip is an evacuated micro porous thermal insulating panel with excellent insulating properties. The core material of va-Q-vip is a pressed powder made of silicic acid which is non-combustible. It is vacuum-sealed into a high gas barrier film.
Due to the special "edge folding technique va-Q-seam", va-Q-vips have smooth edges. Therefore, individual va-Q-vips can be fitted together tightly, making an almost seamless assembly possible. In general, va-Q-vips are produced in a rectangular shape, but other shapes (such as triangles, trapeziums, cornet cut and oval cut etc.) are available upon request.
va-Q-vip is specially developed for insulation applications where not much space is available but a high thermal resistance is necessary. va-Q-vip is a successful insulation element in the following areas:
- Building application (Roofs, floors, etc.)
- Thermal packaging (Medicine transport boxes, etc.)
- Appliances (Water boiler, etc.)
- Automotive (train, ship, airplaine, etc.)
For building va-Q-tec offers va-Q-vip B/F, a product specifically designed to meet German fire safety regulations.
- Minor thermal conductivity
- Drastically reduced insulation thickness
- Increased useable volume
- All-purpose VIP with a long service life